Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible to the Senior Director, Operations Information Systems for the overall coordination of various applications, systems, technologies and supporting infrastructure primarily for the Air Canada Crew Planning, Scheduling and Resource and Administration department. Coordination with Flight Operations and Inflight Service will also be required on certain initiatives. This includes the supporting network, integration points, infrastructure and messaging as required, and the deployment of all new solutions, upgrades, enhancements and migrations from one solution to another. This position will be a key problem solver and provide the leadership and guidance on IT solutions to the senior business unit leadership. In addition, this position will ensure close coordination with other Operations IT groups, Corporate IT and Commercial IT to ensure coordinated solutions for the organization and a supporting seamless integration of IT systems. In addition, this position coordinate all initiatives with Corporate IT to ensure all applicable standards, security protocols and appropriate policies/direction are being applied.
- In cooperation with the leadership of the Crew Planning, Scheduling and Resource and Administration, Flight Operations and Inflight Service departments, develop and maintain a strategic business/IT vision and roadmap to deliver on strategic objectives.
- Introduce and champion innovative solutions and cost reduction IT solutions in conjunction with the strategic objective delivery.
- Accountable and responsible to deliver on financial targets and objectives
- Represent the Operations IT team on corporate initiatives under areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the technical review and selection of potential new IT solutions in support of the business units and manage the project implementation.
- Manage relationships with key partners, vendor & suppliers.
- Liaise with Corporate IT and Commercial IT to optimize and integrate the technology plans across the organization.
- Act as single point of contact for all users’ technology requirements within the business area.
- Development of detailed business cases to support project proposals and secure funding.
- Define and communicate goals, objectives, expectations and performance measures.
- Responsible for development and realization of the Department Technology Strategy
- Evaluates systems to measure their success.
- Represent the objectives and requirements of the department during inter-departmental priority setting meetings for software enhancements, and budgeting exercises.
- Responsible for ensuring that all software systems are in compliance with safety regulations, policies, and the collective agreement.
- Must possess software related degree and/or technical degrees that are consistent with the business area being supported
- Experience with highly integrated, complex IT solutions for an airlines operational solutions.
- Avionic or electrical systems background an asset.
- Previous exposure to operational systems an asset.
- Demonstrated practice of managing software lifecycles including testing, software upgrades, problem management and security assessments
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed PC skills: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio, MS Project
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex problems
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player and team builder
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including week-ends as required.
- Must be available for travel
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.