Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Based in the Air Canada Montreal Headquarters and reporting to the Director Revenue Management, the Manager, OD Revenue Development is responsible for establishing market strategies in support of corporate objectives. They then coordinate their implementation and work with the Managers, Revenue Management when adjustment or further details are required.
Develop market strategies by point of sale to support corporate objectives and targets. Strategies should include levers such as pricing, availability, distribution channels, interline, codeshare, product specifications, etc.
Work with Sales and Revenue Planning to ensure a comprehensive approach is taken to create these market strategies and to achieve the revenue goals
Adjust such strategies as required to correct short-falls, leverage opportunities and adapt to developing trends and changing market conditions.
Guide the team through the implementation of RM strategies and adjustments by coordinating with the Manager, Revenue Management and Manager Pricing to ensure timely and efficient execution.
Work with Sales, Marketing, Scheduling, Product Distribution, Customer Service, Alliances and Star Alliance partners to implement strategies including those beyond Revenue Management
Manage, in cooperation with Manager, Revenue Management and Manager Pricing, strategic activities that cross markets within the world area.
Liaise with other Market Champions any strategic or tactical actions that require involvement from all world areas.
Develop and maintain market knowledge within area of responsibility particularly with regards to seasonality, competition and other market forces as well as network flows for the different points of sale.
Determine, prioritize, communicate and coordinate marketing levers responses to opportunities and threats in support of expected results or to changing environment conditions.
Develop and maintain communication liaison with Sales, Marketing, Scheduling, other Market Champions, Customer Service, and Star Alliance partners.
Represent Revenue Management when cross-department actions are required especially, but not limited to, Sales, Marketing and Operations
- University Degree in an appropriate field such as economics, mathematics, engineering or business, and/or a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related field or industry.
- Proven experience in airline revenue management and in depth understanding of the commercial and the competitive environment of an airline is required.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work under pressure with changing priorities
- Sound understanding of our Star Network and flow potential.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Power Point applications
- Experience & knowledge in Origin-Destination Revenue Management an asset
- Revenue Management, Sales and or other Marketing background is an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.