Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The company data management and analytics group (Data and Analytics) receives requests from various branches of the organization to extract, store and transform data in a data warehouse. This group is also responsible for modelling and optimizing data from various airline operations.
The Data and Analytics team wishes to strengthen its team and support it in accomplishing its daily operations and in carrying out projects by hiring a BI Data Developer.
- Collaborate with business analysts and architects to refine an understanding of Finance Branch business and technical requirements for reporting and analysis
- Develop and monitor data integration loads to ensure consistency and operational stability
- Develop, Manage UAT, Migrate reports
- Implementation of a corporate dimensional data model
- Modelling data and metadata in Erwin
- Ability to describe data mapping and data migration techniques
- Maintain change management protocols.
The selected candidate will have aptitude, formal training, and hands on experience in computer science, more specifically in business intelligence/analytics. Incumbent will work under the supervision of the Enterprise Data Warehouse service head in collaboration with various members of the EDW group and Users at all levels of the Business itself to understand goals and requirements. Must have deep knowledge of SQL code and report programming languages. In addition, be comfortable dictating and enforcing appropriate change management and testing guidelines which will stand up to audit.
- Financial and revenue reports to support Air Canada’s Finance branch in key daily and monthly operational activities
- Analyze large quantities of Air Canada data, then extract pertinent information for reporting and analysis
- Document data integration tasks and define the dependencies in the tables and views
- Identify and document the data transformations between the various environments, using a provided template
- Perform reconciliations vs financial systems to assure integrity of reports rendered
- Support Air Canada’s Finance Branch with operational reports and revenue analysis
- Manage and monitor data integration loads necessary for operational reporting
- Troubleshoot issues that may be encountered with reporting or data loads
- Understanding the functioning of data integration tasks, their dependencies and their impact on various reports
- Monitor & maintain optimal system response /reliability to support business users’ productivity.
- University degree or diploma in technology or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years of data report writing experience with technology such as WebFocus, Reporting Services, or Crystal Reports
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing complex SQL scripts
- Strong understanding of Data and BI architectures
- Experience with Solaris UNIX Admin, PERL, preferred.
- Familiarity with ETL tools such as Informatica
- Strong understand of Finance and Accounting processes
- CA, CGA, CMA or Certificate in Accounting an asset
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Excellent Expert knowledge of SQL code – be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge of database structures
- Interest in system and information security
- Knowledge of finance and accounting processes
- Skill with interpersonal relations and oral and written communication
- Rigid adherence to documentation & change management disciplines
- Highly motivated, team player, thrives on challenge and delivering exceptional results
- Dedication to Customer service to business users.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.