Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The IT Process Transformation Manager is responsible for analyzing business needs relative to operational processes and proposes solutions that will provide cost effective benefits and improve overall performance. This role is responsible for identifying best practices in the industry and opportunities that can be leveraged to the organization. The development of process improvements shall utilize technological innovations, beyond those currently available, to transform the business. Responsibilities will include the delivery of these initiatives using effective Project Management methods.
Develop RFP, including functional, financial and evaluation of responses
Utilize effective project management practices to plan and deliver the initiatives in a timely, cost effective manner, generating projected benefits for the business
Provide support for maintenance application and drive their evolution to support the business
Conduct industry research to identify opportunities for process & efficiency improvements for the business and proposing technological solutions
Manage Request for Change (RFC) process, validating business request and ensuring there is a strong business case with a financial/operations benefit
Manage vendor contracts for performance, quality and deliverables
Lead and provide direction for employees and contractors for projects or major activities
Ensure appropriate escalation and problem management practices are in place for project and day-to-day deliverables
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience and demonstrated success in project management
- Experience with managing effective business relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Exposure to business case development and cost benefit analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work with tight deadlines and evolving priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong expertise with Air Canada Maintenance IT systems an asset (ie. TRAX, TIMS, , Netline)
- Undergraduate degree an asset
- Experience with project management tools (Microsoft Project) is an asset
- Knowledge of SQL programming an asset
- Experience supporting Maintenance Organization roles an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.