Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Altitude Program Communications is responsible to plan, develop, and deploy the full suite of direct customer communications related to the Air Canada Altitude program. The scope includes all forms of media and channels used by the program, both proprietary and shared.
- Set the strategic plan and commercial direction for the full suite of consumer communications in support of the Altitude Program, including program qualification, program benefits, program status, annual fulfilment kits (including card production, card carriers, letters, partner offers, etc.), ongoing triggered notifications, program newsletters, integration of Altitude program information into CRM driven communications, and other customer production activities as required.
- Manage the Annual and Ongoing Re-nomination (‘renom’) processes, whereby customers are officially qualified and properly notified of their induction into the correct tier of the Altitude program
- Provide direction to the marketing agencies and partners that support Altitude communications (FCB, KBM, Wunderman, Aeroplan, etc) including management of agency mandate, estimates, and hours.
- Provide direction for communication briefs, planning, development, production and implementation of all communications (including mass media, online, direct marketing, collateral, etc.) for the Altitude Program
- Responsible for overall measurement of Altitude Program communication, collectively and by product and ensure that appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place to gauge effectiveness and return on investment.
- Accountable for establishing project priorities and allocating resources to optimize marketing agency effectiveness
- Provide direction to Aeroplan regarding its contractual obligations to AC including execution of marketing programs.
- Ensure integration of the Altitude program into Aeroplan communication media to maximize AC brand visibility.
- Carefully monitor and evaluate effectiveness of communications campaigns, make recommendations to continually optimize communications practices
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy and legality of information contained in marketing communications messages
- Accountable for ensuring internal approvals with required departments (ie Legal, Revenue Management, etc.)
- Provide input into yearly Marketing Communications planning process
- Act as a communication consultant to the Loyalty business unit
- Manage relationships with Global Sales offices as it pertains to Altitude program information and collateral.
- University degree in marketing or related field
- 5-7 years in Marketing Communications with mastery in communications best practices
- Experience in managing communications agencies
- Previous experience in areas of loyalty or customer relationship management
- Understanding of fundamentals of loyalty program financials and accounting
- Analytically driven individual with experience in using/leveraging data and analytics
- Cross-functional and organizational collaboration skills
- Bilingual (English and French) oral and written
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.