Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the permanent full-time positions of Avionics - Junior Mechanics at our Toronto Maintenance Centre.
Junior Mechanics are engaged in the maintenance of aircraft electrical, electronic and instrument systems and should have the following skill sets:
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Junior Mechanic/Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer role:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a 2-year program with Transport Canada approved school
- Possession of a Transport Canada Approval Number with Accreditation to write your exams for AME "E" license
- Possession of valid driver's license.
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam, physical and a security check.
- Be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Night shift is the permanent position for this posting. Possibility to change with seniority.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card (MOT). Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Current security clearance.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program, and/or 4 years industry related experience.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.