Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Manage the Design, development, and implementation of systems, system architecture and related business processes in support of Customer Service Training operational requirements with focus on enabling the production of advanced operational analytics and the proliferation of self-serve and distant learning technologies.
- Communicate and work with: Training management and coordinators, Crew Planning, Crew Scheduling, WNS (World Network Services), HR IT, PeopleSoft, IBM, Airports and Call Centres IT.
- Design, develop and maintain business processes and/or systems utilizing new technology delivering increased service levels for Customer Service Training through the design of system architecture enabling easily available analytics and the promotion of self-serve and distant learning functionalities.
- Manage training records infrastructure in support of operational objectives, applicable regulations, standards and policies for all Customer Service employees (6,448 cabin crew; 3,332 above the wing, 6235 below the wing, 1039 call centre, and non-unionized);
- Manage training enrolment requirements with WNS, Crew Planning, Airport and Call Centres;
- Ensure on-going business process betterments through the establishment and monitoring of business analytics
- Ensure best demonstrated practices are developed, shared and standardized across all lines of business
- Manage IFS Training records operations and compliance.
- Create, implement and manage processes in Air Canada’s learning management system to automate and enable IFS operational training requirements
- Maintain learning management system configuration and user interface for IFS
- Assumes any responsibility as delegated by the General Manager, Informatics - Customer Service Training
- Authority (ability or obligation to carry out responsibilities)
- On-going and as required; provide ACU, PeopleSoft and Netline super-user input and support with respective systems BA’s, to ensure IT infrastructure supports Customer Service business processes and requirements;
- On-going; coordinate and oversee all business processes and communication with WNS;
- Weekly, or as required; host and provide guidance during weekly meetings with WNS on current and planned operations and issues;
- Weekly; or as required; participate on, and provide input during weekly meetings with IFS Crew Planning, Airports resources planners, Call Centres planners on current operational issues that pertain to current or future initiatives;
- Weekly; or as required; participate on, and provide input during weekly meetings with IFS Training Maintenance on current operational issues that pertain to current or future systems;
- Weekly, as required; participate on and provide support on Customer Service Branch training/recruitment initiative-specific calls to ensure special training/recruitment systems are in-line with operational requirements;
- Weekly, participate in team meetings by providing status reports on applicable operations, business process betterment initiatives and cost/budget performance;
- Bi-annually, meet with WNS representatives to review past service levels and business process improvements;
- Annually, participate in budget planning sessions with Support team to establish annual budget targets for training and recruitment, Customer Service Branch operational and system requirements.
- Maintain safety as first topic day to day (production and administration)
- Assuming any responsibilities delegated by the General Manager, Informatics - Customer Service Training
- In person’s absence, all responsibilities for duties are delegated to another qualified individual
- Keep abreast of corporate initiatives and communications
- Establish and maintain Business Processes and Procedures for the position
- Follow Risk Assessment Management for change or introduction of equipment, processes and procedures and when conducting all investigations (refer to Safety Management Manual, Chapter 3.5) IF APPLICABLE
- Follow document retention guidelines (IFS Quality Manual Publication 355 Chapter 2 and/or and Safety Management Manual, Chapter 2)
- Refer to IFS Quality Manual Publication 355 Chapter 1.3 and/or Safety Management Manual, Chapter 1.3 for SMS Management Responsibilities
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required
- Diploma in Programmer/Analyst, including; JSP, ASP.NET, Current Client Side/Browser Scripting Languages (ie: Java and related frameworks), DHTML
- Experience w/ RDBMS (MYSQL & MSSQL) asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Services (Power BI, Power Apps) an asset
- Experience with Business Process Re-engineering Web Solutions an asset
- Experience managing projects and asset
- Flight Attendant Background an asset.
- Depth of skills and expertise required for the position:
- Requires in depth expertise or in depth knowledge of the field of work, technical/professional discipline such as procedures, equipment, technology, principles, theories, and/or ideas in the department.
- Breadth (the scope) of skills and expertise required for the position:
- Requires moderate expertise or moderate knowledge of the field of work, technical/professional discipline such as procedures, equipment, technology, principles, theories, and/or ideas in the department.
- Range of business/industry knowledge required for the position:
- Requires a broad knowledge of the business/industry to propose and to implement multiple types of solutions to complex issues.
- Indoctrination Training:
- Job Orientation
- CARs (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- SMS (Safety Management System)
- Health & Safety – Basic• Risk Management/ACRMS
- Risk Management/ACRMS
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.