Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Labour Relations Advisor will provide credible and knowledgeable advice in all areas of Labour Relations, including interpretation of the Collective Agreement, the Canada Labour Code, arbitrations and jurisprudence to management and personnel responsible for bargaining unit employees represented by IAMAW/UNIFOR/IBT.
- Assist the Manager, Labour Relations, in the day-to-day interaction with bargaining unit representatives and line management as it relates to labour relations.
- Assist with grievance handling and the administration of collective agreements and all other corporate policies applicable to bargaining unit employees.
- Liaise with union representatives to promote a cooperative and effective labour relations climate.
- Prepare and conduct training on assorted labour relations matter such as the Collective Agreement, Canada Labour Code, attendance, applications of discipline and effective conflict resolution.
- Research grievance / arbitration and bargaining issues.
- Represent the Company at grievance and arbitration hearings.
- Provide support and assistance in the negotiations of major collective agreements.
- Represent the Company at various external agencies, e.g. CLRB, FETCO, HRDC.
- Prepare Arbitration Briefs.
- Provide advice and support to management personnel on Labour Relations matters.
- Coordinate time clearances.
- Attend various meetings with the Union, on Manpower Recall, on rules, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in Industrial Relations with Labour Relations experience, or equivalent.
- Master’s in Industrial Relations – recent graduate an asset.
- Relevant experience in the discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English & French
- Strong negotiating abilities, good judgment and a good sense of initiative.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision; aptitude to cope with heavy workload.
- Ability to travel as well as work extended hours as required.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- A high degree of diplomacy, discretion, judgement and confidentiality is essential
- Team player.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.