Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As the integrator of the new C Series CS300 fleet within ACM operations and systems, the Manager C Series Introduction primary responsibility is to provide a worry-free operation at every aircraft introduction.
This program will require extensive coordination with the Aircraft Programs department, who has overall responsibility of the CS300 introduction within AC and other internal branches that interface with ACM. The incumbent will most likely assume the Fleet Engineer Manager responsibility following introduction.
- Program Management (jointly with Program Manager, Fleet Transition)
- Establish program plan, timelines, and communication strategy
- Monitor risk and establish mitigation strategies plans
- Establish and manage financial requirements and human resources
- Liaise with Flight Operations, In-Flight, Airports, Airworthiness and Transport Canada
- Pre-Acceptance Readiness
- Participate and lead product design working groups
- Establish and monitor technical and regulatory specifications, as required
- Provide technical expertise with design change approvals, production inspection and TCDS approval.
- Provide strategic analysis and recommendations based on review of manufacturer’s maintenance instructions
- Provide technical expertise to engine procurement
- Assist and monitor implementation of technical publications platform
- Ensure Materials and Processes Manual is updated for new fleet
- Plan and coordinate Bombardier entry-to-service station representatives
- Aircraft and Engine Deliveries and Entry-to-service
- Ensure maintenance and engineering support and representation during the acceptance and delivery of aircraft and engines, including certification and importation
- Provide technical expertise on the software ownership transfers and licensing
- Plan and coordinate entry-to-service activities such as painting, pre-service modifications, data load
- Maintenance & Engineering
- Deliver a comprehensive and up-to-date maintenance system with supporting technical specifications, including items such as the Maintenance Program, Task Cards, Engineering Controls)
- Ensure readiness of AC Maintenance departments for a safe and reliable operation of the new fleet. This includes development of new skill and qualifications and improvement of facilities.
- Facilitate development of new or revised maintenance arrangements to address needs of new fleet type.
- Assist with establishing working relationships with new suppliers.
- software and databases
- Materials Management and Logistics
- Facilitate planning of materials requirements, Spares program, Pooling arrangements, AOG services, warranty program
- Establish essential tooling and test equipment list
- Prepare new tooling introduction program
- IT Integration (Internal and Vendors)
- Introduce fleet to Trax and all other ACM systems
- Lead the integration of the Electronic Logbook
- Leverage new technology
- Training Program
- Establish training requirements, priorities, and schedule
- Coordinate, with ACM training team, development and delivery of AME type endorsement course, Familiarization courses (e.g. Toolbox), Composite repairs training, Engine change training, etc.
- Negotiate and establish OEM/Vendor based training
- Institutionalization of policies, processes, and standards
- Mitigation Programs
- Provide cost reductions/avoidance and operational reliability improvements during introductory phase.
- E190 Fleet Engineering
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for the E190 Fleet Engineering related activities until fleet retirement, expected at the beginning of 2020
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in engineering an asset.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with a large number of people in customer and supplier relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good grasp of Regulatory requirements and Lease arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to a team of direct and indirect reports in a fast changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of applicable safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements, policies and standards.
- AME licence is an asset
- Knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Program development, Maintenance Steering Group – 3 (MSG3) Analysis, documentation requirements, reliability monitoring.
- Strong technical background of aircraft systems and operations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- This position requires a sufficient level of authority to lead across a wide range of areas within ACM, and influence decisions with both internal and external parties.
The Manager will directly lead two engineering positions and provide functional direction and leadership to a multi-functional team of consultants and internal resources.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.