Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full time position as of a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Electrician Technician at Toronto Airport.
- Install, maintain, trouble shoot and repair aircraft ground support and industrial equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read, interpret electrical drawings, schematics and the electrical code specifications.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators,industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- High School diploma.
- Interprovincial Redseal license
- Construction and Maintenance License 309A
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the trade.
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Be a team player.
Conditions of Employment:
- Eligible candidates must be eligible to work in Canada; be willing to undergo and successfully pass a four (4) week full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Candidates must also pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card (MOT). (To obtain this security clearance candidates must undergo a thorough criminal background search, please see Transport Canada website for additional details)
Diversity and Inclusion
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.