Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the coordination of testing standards and procedures within the Operations Branch and ensuring compliance with these as prescribed by Operations IT. The Business Analyst is responsible for the security and availability of critical Branch systems and the development & application of Branch-wide automation hardware and software standards. In essence, the Business Analyst identifies and provides technology solutions and services that will improve or sustain the business operations.
- Work with key stakeholders to gather, validate, and document user requirements using industry standard best practices.
- Provide guidance and coordination to all departments of the Branches and Vendors, as it relates to processes and automation.
- Primary Branch liaison to other Branches, including Corporate IT, as a “single point of contact” between the Branch and others, and to coordinate inter-Branch activities.
- Investigate, recommend, implement and document process improvements as it relates to problem resolution, change management, testing and automation.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement cost savings initiatives within the Branch as it relates to testing and automation.
- Define, coordinate, document and execute all manner of system testing (functional, regression, and UAT).
- Utilize effective project management practices to coordinate activities and track all deliverables for assigned enhancements and initiatives
- Ensure business continuity and mitigate deficiencies
- Support other IT systems or functions as appropriate within the greater IT portfolio
- Ensure Air Canada IT standards, including IT security standards, are communicated to, and adhered to, with all vendors and contractors
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings/presentations with stakeholders
- Must possess software related degree and/or technical degrees that are consistent with the business area being supported
- Excellent proven ability in the systematic and analytical approach to problem solving in relation to IT system testing & automation. In-depth knowledge of computer hardware & software so as to guide and coordinate processes & automation in the Branch.
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs
- Strong collaboration, listening and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to challenge/question to ensure that initiatives meet business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written to all levels of organization, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Experience with Android and iOS operating systems
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including week-ends as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Project Management training and/or certification an asset
- Experience in the airline or travel industry an asset
- Knowledge of airline reservation systems, web applications, an asset
- Education: University or college diploma preferred.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.