Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager Small Medium Business, the purpose of this role is to prospect, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with small and medium size businesses within large and secondary domestic Canadian Markets. The incumbent will manage the account relationship and ensure the sales growth and provide support to the Manager Small Medium Business.
- Act as primary interface between Air Canada and customer base
- Promote/sell/secure business from existing and prospective customers through consultative sales approach.
- Provide territory performance reviews/reports to Manager, Small Medium Business (quarterly business reviews).
- Maintain regular daily contact with Air Canada customer base.
- Travel to main and secondary Domestic markets served by Air Canada Cargo as appropriate.
- Provide local pricing, contracts rates assist with RFQ.
- Achieve or exceed cargo revenue and market share improvement targets.
- Responsible to qualify prospects, current customer opportunities, understand customer concerns, and manage the sales process.
- Use the CRM system on a daily basis to create and manage promotional campaigns.
- Use the CRM system to capture and record customer information and sales activity data and to report pipeline and prospecting activities as required.
- Identify opportunities by researching industry, customer, publications and tracking individual contributors.
- Assist in with customers’ commercial queries.
- Provide updates to the Manager Small Medium Business, and assistance to the General Sales Manager in the day to day management of tactical questions relating to pricing and capacity and overall sales strategies.
- Create and prepare sales presentations and strategic sales calls and joint calls to be given at various levels of the customers’ hierarchy to effectively engage all levels of decision-makers and create a multi-facetted and deep relationship with customers.
- Identify revenue opportunities with customers and jointly develop a strategy plan to mutually increase profitability.
- Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management & capacity team.
- Obtain competitive information during contacts and share as appropriate.
- Represent and promote Air Canada within cargo industry community at trade events, industry functions and appropriate events.
- Assist with all sales and marketing plans relating to regional development.
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Very analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations.
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.