Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A full-time permanent vacancy has arisen for the position of Customer Relations Co-ordinator-Bilingual. We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed team player to work together with the Customer Relations Team in London.
- Act as a team leader and co-ordinate the Customer Relations and Baggage workload and duties
- Action Customer Relations complaints including escalation from customers in a timely manner
- Evaluate the customer complaint and complete the necessary research in order to appropriately respond to the complaint in writing and by calling the customers
- Apply appropriate policies when handling Customer Relations files and Baggage Claims and ensure relevant compensation is paid with substantiation, if necessary, by following Company Guidelines
- Authorize waivers within Company Guidelines by using a common sense approach
- Handle queries from the Press Office
- Act as a trouble-shooter to resolve technical and general issues and equipment (phones, systems, hardware, etc.) breakdowns using IBM resources
- Report STAAR outages according to Company process and keep European Offices informed
- Coding of invoices as required
- General call handling escalation from Customer Relations callers and make decisions within the Company Guidelines
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with Customer Relations, Calgary and Baggage Claims, Montreal
- Handle queries from European Customer Relation Offices and provide technical support
- Deliver training to new Team members, including training-on-the-job
- Identify training needs for the Support Co-ordinators and conduct the appropriate training as required
- Ensure that Company Performance Standards are met in responses to Customers
- Collate, produce and distribute reports based on Customer Relations Performance Standards
- Provide feedback on Customer Relations process improvements and standardization initiatives
- Handle Court Cases, Legal Notices and, when required, represent Air Canada in Court on Customer Relations and Baggage Claims issues
Excellent fluency in professional German language both written and oral is essential, candidates will be tested for capability
Fluency in other European languages an asset
Proven experience of working on own initiative
Evidence of good organizational skills
Strong verbal and written skills
High degree of interpersonal skills
Computer literate – knowledge of Microsoft Office
Must be a team player and capable of representing Air Canada in a professional manner
Knowledge of RES 3 will be an asset
Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction
Please note the successful applicant will be required to successfully complete a six month probationary period.
HOURS OF WORK
Customer Relations operate Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00
The position is based on 37.5 hours per week
(English and German)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.