Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Ground Support Equipment Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring equipment provided to airport operators meets Air Canada technical standards and is maintained in such a manner to ensure compliance with all applicable corporate and government standards, codes and regulations. Position is key in providing the technical support in ensuring safe and reliable availability of GSE equipment.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Provide technical support information to Air Canada maintenance teams via process as related to BTW ground support equipment, bridges, and gate equipment at Air Canada managed stations within North America.
- Liaise with Air Canada OEM manufacturers, contractors and supply chain partners to align as per GSE requirements, processes and procedures for maintenance compliancy as set out by Air Canada.
- Ensure local compliance with regulatory and related corporate requirements.
- Ensure ground support equipment and gate equipment located at all Air Canada managed locations used in ground handling Air Canada aircraft is compliant with and maintained in accordance with applicable local, federal and corporate regulations and standards.
- Conduct safety, maintenance and technical specification compliance audits of services performed internally while providing feedback and direction to establish, ensure and promote safe and reliable ground support equipment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with contracted service providers, maintenance providers, airports & government agencies.
- Establish and administer safety related tracking and trending requirements for performance monitoring and corporate reporting systems.
- Manage key performance indicators and results pertaining to operations, safety and customer service.
- Lead assigned GSE projects and initiatives, ensuring alignment and compliance with Air Canada GSE goals and objectives.
- Identify, recommend and initiate enhancements and changes to processes and procedures to better support operational and service standards.
- Participate in the development of strategies and corporate initiatives for Air Canada Ground Support Equipment.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve technical service and operational issues with a results-oriented approach to performance and safety.
- Provide documented technical and engineering support to our maintenance operation teams in safety alerts, factory recalls, modifications and product enhancements.
- Actively participate in root cause analysis for any equipment/component failures. Implement corrective action plans and the administration of process.
- Support in case of safety blitzs by being physically out on the ramp. These events are temporary but can happen at any time/day at any of our stations. It can happen a few times a year.
- Sound technical and working knowledge of Ground Support Equipment Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- Self-starter with demonstrated strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and achievement of objectives while maintaining positive and productive relationships both within and outside the work group.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and common office software applications (MS Outlook, Word and Excel) and Air Canada Ground Support Equipment computer applications (M5, E-Sage, etc.).
- Knowledge of Air Canada airport operations.
- Strong knowledge of applicable safety, environmental and other regulatory standards and policies.
- Ability to obtain Transport Canada airport security clearance.
- Traveling within Canada will be frequently required.
- Ability to work extended hours as a requirement
- French is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.