Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $31.95/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Line Expeditor in Toronto.
- Directly reporting to the AOG Logistics Manager
- Responsible for systemwide coverage of all parts needed for aircraft on ground (AOG) / Low time minimum equipment list (MEL) aircraft
- Expedite on a world-wide basis - material shortages and material supply to Line Maintenance, in the event of an AOG or MEL Expiry situation
- Coordinate with Air Canada Line Stations to ship parts between locations for AOG / immediate MEL expiring aircraft
- Authorized to purchase directly from original equipment manufacturer (OEM’s) and vendors as needed
- Authorized to borrow or purchase parts from other airlines as needed
- Able to decipher and comprehend Parts Certification for Airworthiness, prior Purchasing
- Maintain proper paperwork compliance for purchases needing drop shipments and ensure proper receipt and trace is on file
- Organize couriers to move critical and time sensitive parts
- Able to maneuver the IPD or Parts Manual for parts clarification
- Coordinate the logistics for the movement of materials for AOG / MEL. Domestic & International
- Prepare and execute customs documents after hours/weekends when required
- Liaison with Customs Brokers to arrange for inbound and Outbound customs clearance. Both Domestic and International
- Arrange for the forwarding of On Board Parts Box (OPB) if required
- Work with designated couriers on best routing practice (via road or air) to obtain the most optimal delivery time
- Work with other teams within Air Canada, to provide reference documents to set up non recognized parts and effectivity issues in TRAX
- Assigning self-audits on orders in accordance to FAA, EASA & TCCA certification, execute and resolve Material Release process where required
- Expedite repaired and purchased parts for general and urgent aircraft maintenance for AOG / MEL requirements
- Coordinate Aircraft Robs from Line, Airframe Check and Retired/Stored aircraft for AOG requirements when unable to expedite open orders in a timely manner
- Coordinate (approve) loans and accommodation sales to other airlines
- Responsible for reviewing open MEL’s to ensure planes routed into Air Canada Line Stations have inventory at site to clear discrepancies
- Work with Vendor’s & in liaison with Air Canada Vendor Management, to expedite open orders for items required AOG / MEL
- Assist other airlines in their AOG needs wherein it will not impact Air Canada’s Line or Airframe part requirements
- Coordinating the return of AOG parts shipped to out stations
- Develop and maintain strong and professional vendor relationships
- Follow up required to Clear Invoicing and PO discrepancies when required
- Strong Follow up and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties relating to AOG / MEL as assigned by the AOG Manager
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel, and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
· High School diploma or higher
· Experience in Logistics and Supply Chain, an asset
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Efficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
· Ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
· Be a team player and self motivated
· Available to work a variety of day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
· Night Shift for the first few months, due to seniority
Conditions of Employment:
Eligible candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, have a valid driver's license and be available to attend full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.