Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
A vacancy exists within the Facility Projects group for a temporary Facility Projects Manager with an architectural or interior design background, preferably in the construction field. This position is specifically to support the initiatives being undertaken by Air Canada to upgrade its portfolio of Maple Leaf Lounges.
Basic Purpose Of Position:
Facility Projects is a division of Corporate Real Estate that is responsible for implementing capital construction projects for all Air Canada business units such as Airports, Aircraft Maintenance, Cargo, Flight Operations, In-Flight Services, Marketing, etc. across Canada, USA and at overseas stations. The location for this position is Toronto, but depending on the candidate, Montreal could also be considered.
- Liaise with Business Unit, client, to define project requirements and manage expectations.
- Manage numerous multidisciplinary projects at one time.
- Undertake feasibility studies to analyse options, prepare cost estimates/space plans/sketches and make recommendations.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of business cases to obtain internal funding approval.
- Once a project is approved, prepare and issue tender packages, award and issue contracts for consultants, contractors and vendors using appropriate contract documents.
- Liaise with airport authorities and other external agencies as required.
- Manage external contractors/consultants during the project phase and ensure projects are delivered to meet scope, schedule, and budget expectations.
- Ensure conformance to contracts issued and authorize invoices for payments.
- Challenge and question solutions proposed by consultants and contractors to meet internal requirements.
- Demonstrate expertise in applying project management methodology, tools, best practices, and procedures throughout project life cycle.
- PMP certification an asset.
- Architecture degree required or Interior Designer designation.
- 2-5 years experience in construction and project management.
- Proven leadership skills and experience.
- Solid work ethics and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to take on frequent travel across Canada.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.