Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic technical analyst focused on providing support to IT solutioning. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand.
We have multiple opportunities in the role Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance within the PSS IT team in support of different areas of the organization: Reservations, Inventory, Ticketing, Robotics, Loyalty, and Airports (CM). Qualifications may be vary based on the dedicated area.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Application Development and Maintenance - PSS
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved business and operational performance
- Communicating analytical results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements to developer or vendors
- Support multiple working methodologies such as agile, waterfall or hybrid
- Support in creating business cases
- Support planning and monitoring processes for continuous improvement
- Provide support and guidance to Quality Assurance team
- Conduct ongoing reviews of priorities from a project and a day-to-day perspective. Utilize effective practices and tools to plan, coordinate activities and track all deliverables
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements through written documentation - BAs, project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders to understand issues and solutions.
- Research, review, and analyze existing requirements-gathering processes' effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- 3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company would be an asset
- Airline experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and ServiceNow applications an asset
- Knowledge in various IT methodologies e.g. Agile / Waterfall
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker who possess an investigative nature
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.