Trans-Canada Capital (TCC) is an asset management firm specializing in innovative investment strategies for institutional investors. Since 2009, the team has successfully managed the pension assets of Air Canada, one of the largest corporate pension plans in the country. Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation by generating superior returns through strategies focusing on alpha generation in a rigorous risk-controlled framework. With approximately C$30 billion in assets under management (inclusive of leverage), more than 100 investment professionals based in Montreal and Toronto, and a complete range of alternative solutions, TCC is well positioned to meet the needs of institutional investors seeking steady returns.
Reporting to the Global Head of Client Solutions, we are currently seeking an Senior Administrative Assistant to join the Client Solutions team and will contribute to support business activities in the following fields: reporting, client service, marketing, and distribution.
The candidate will choose TCC because of its collaborative work environment, its innovative approach to asset management, the sophistication and diversification of its investment strategies, its growth potential, the tight-knit relationship amongst the investment teams and the competitiveness of its total compensation package.
This is position require 5 days of office attendance in our office downtown Montreal.
Tasks to Support Client Solutions Team 60%
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners;
- Manage information flow (i.e. CRM, emails, meetings, etc.);
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports;
- Format information for internal communication – memos, emails, presentations;
- Take dictation and minutes during meetings and write them up subsequently;
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence;
- Conducting research on various topics based on the needs of the executive;
- Planning and organizing events that take place externally, such as fundraisers, sporting tournaments, and appreciation events;
- Maintaining the current filing and database system, and looking for ways to improve current systems and Manage Dealcloud Administration
- Handle various expense claims for members of the team.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of travel coordination and conference attendance, including delegate registration, transportation, accommodation, and budget, ensuring efficient and cost-effective management throughout the year.
- Assist in the preparation, printing, and formatting of presentations, reports, and other documents for both clients and internal use
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit.
- Recommends procedural changes to enable unit to function more effectively.
- Collaborates with the Global Head and others in establishing work priorities.
Reporting & Client Servicing Tasks 20%
- Support client service team and product specialist for the production of routine and non-routine reports/documentation sent externally to clients in both French and English; e.g. creating Sales decks with clients name and date
- Help with the preparation of communication material (monthly update, quarterly packages) for various Air Canada defined benefits pension plans;
- Every quarter, take charge of the formatting of OCIO and TCC specialised funds holdings listing;
- Manage the distribution of various documents (whether physical or electronically) sent to the prospect and clients (reports/weekly emails specific to each fund and other documents such as white papers or Christmas cards);
- Help with the preparation of documents required specifically by each client (e.g. quarterly DDQ/Significant changes forms, etc.);
- Creates sales Market Intelligence reports/ bi-weekly updates/ Client Solutions board reports
Supporting Global Head Tasks 20%
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Global Head of the Client Solutions Department, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling travel arrangements.
- Facilitate effective communication between the Global Head and the Department by disseminating important updates and coordinating team meetings
- Draft, proofread, and format emails and correspondence on behalf of the Global Head, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and professionalism in communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Tracks action items and follows up and reports on progress.
- Diploma of College studies in a relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (English and French) strong writing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Previous experience with an asset management firm is an asset;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of investments products and asset management firm specific context.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English;
- Rigorous, disciplined and well organized;
- Team player, adaptability to work in a dynamic workplace; and Strong interpersonal skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Canada Capital Inc. is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Trans Canada Capital Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
The position is based in downtown Montréal.