Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the station including operational decisions and the overall coordination of activities to safely deliver and improve the customer experience while achieving operational and financial objectives. Responsible for safety in the day-to-day operations including interactions with suppliers, shippers etc.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of all warehouse and airside operational activities, ensuring the safety and security of Cargo operations.
- Supporting the station(s) with generating reactive and proactive safety reporting
- Accountable for conducting investigations on all safety related incidents or accidents.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of operations at the respective station. Work as per SMS and other applicable authorities including a close partnership with airport safety.
- Ensure Safety, Security and Service standards are observed, monitored, and practiced consistently including the application of the Emergency Response and Environmental Plans, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the management of SMS, and for the implementation and monitoring of corrective actions addressing hazards and safety concerns for the area under their supervisions.
- Conduct self-audits on regular basis. Where audit activities have revealed vulnerability, ensure proper identification of root cause and implementation of corrective measures to address root cause as well as means to verify effectiveness.
- Allocate Cargo operations material, human & financial resources, and policies for Air Canada to ensure safety and security of operations.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating yearly Goals and Objectives relating to Cargo Operations.
- Retain the ownership of safety for the station. Where audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification and addressing of root cause and implementation of corrective measures to address root cause.
- Provide leadership and guidance, set clear expectations, hold accountable, Cargo employees on the performance of duties and terminal activities.
- Develop strategies, plans and processes to support business unit financial, service and safety goals.
- Facilitate, interact with internal and external customers pertaining to Cargo requirements / issues.
- Understand commercial objectives and work collaboratively with Sales to achieve these objectives.
- Responsible for, monitor and support, daily cargo operation.
- Develop strategies and schedules for effective deployment of manpower and resources.
- Define operational requirements with manpower to establish shift requirements.
- Re-deploy staff to meet service requirements.
- College or University degree in management an asset
- Thorough knowledge of Cargo processing and operational procedures an asset
- Commitment to enhancing operational safety
- Understanding of the IAMAW collective agreement
- High energy level with solid planning skills
- Proven leadership and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of WABLink and Weblynx, an asset
- Past management/supervisory experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.