Location: Moncton, NB, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $20.27/hour plus $2.50 per hour premium
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is currently looking for Customer Service Agents to join our cargo team at the Moncton Cargo call centre.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable, and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage, performing cargo duties, operating complex loading equipment or supporting our customers through phones or email, the Customer Service Agent plays a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure. But being a Customer Service Agent also means providing our customers with exceptional service at either the airport or at cargo.
This is a permanent part-time position. The starting salary is $20.27/hour as per the collective agreement (Customer Service Agent PT) with a $2.50 premium per hour
- Perform shipment tracing and World Tracer transactions.
- Prepare records and documents using multiple Cargo systems.
- Perform data entry in multiple Cargo systems.
- Deal with customer complaints regarding lost, mishandled, delayed or damaged shipments.
- Perform lost and found functions and cargo services. Determine cargo rates and routings, shipping procedures, cargo check-in and delivery.
- Work on a cloud-based CRM system to reply to customer interactions through telephone and email.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Have excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills, able to work with peers and customers by building solid relationships.
- Customer service oriented, organized, and excellent at managing time.
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours - early mornings, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to travel and attend a 2–4-week initial full time mandatory training program off site.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Priority will be given to candidates that are bilingual in English and French. Air Canada, operating in a global industry and serving customers from all over the world, strives to offer all of its customers a positive and memorable travel experience.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted