Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Routes Marketing pos USA & Optimization, the Routes Marketing Manager, pos USA & Optimization is responsible for the management, implementation, and quality of marketing communications campaigns that support Air Canada’s leadership position on all pos USA routes marketing campaigns in support of travel to Canada (transborder flights, pos US), six freedom flights to Europe, Asia and Latam (6F pos US).
The position also involves responsibility for the management, implementation and quality of marketing initiatives for global low funnel digital optimization activities driving revenue growth on an ‘always-on’ basis.
This position involves management of integrated multi-channel owned and paid marketing plans and is a critical collaboration position working with internal stakeholders including Revenue Management, AC Media Desk, AC Sales Tourism Partnerships, AC CRM, Marketing Ops, AC Studio, Analytics, AC Sales Communications, requiring a mix of strategic thinking, execution and management skills to drive incremental revenue within our commercial business.
The Route Support Campaign Manager must possess excellent analytical skills, be innovative and creative, be able to maintain a relationship of trust with peers, partners, internal customers and external communication agencies.
This position may be located in Montreal or Toronto.
Description and responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and lead all execution aspects for all route support marketing campaigns and initiatives within the portfolio including but not limited to mass and targeted campaigns (e-mail, digital, social, print, TV, OOH, sem, etc.).
- Work closely with the Revenue Management and Sales departments to identify and proactively solve upcoming route issues, building strong communication rapport with RM and Sales teams in support of.
- Coordinate, execute and support in the management of relevant tourism/business partnerships allowing Air Canada to have stronger visibility and reach in specific markets.
- Act as a subject-matter expert and consultant to business units. Develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with other branches impacted by route support initiatives (Revenue Management, Sales Communications, Call Centre, Customer Relations, Loyalty Management, Web Team, Corporate Communications), etc.
- Develop and write B2C marketing assets and content based on business and commercial inputs received from various internal stakeholders (RM, Global Sales, Brand, etc) for use and distribution through various channels including but not limited to email, social, paid digital, ACO, print, video.
- Manage and execute weekly B2C DOW email, working closely with internal stakeholders within Routes Marketing, Product Marketing, RM, Network Planning and Global Sales Managers.
- Monitor, review and report on all campaign activities and results, demonstrating ROI of campaign initiatives and deriving insights for use in future campaigns.
- Think strategically to contribute to new ideas and best practices based on key industry trends and assist the conversion process with an analytical, insights driven approach to solutions, contributing to the achievement of corporate annual objectives and targets with integrity.
- Actively monitor market trends and competitor activities
- Manage external service providers and agencies, overseeing projects, billing, etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing Analytics team to analyze and continually improve the effectiveness of marketing communication campaigns.
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy, cohesiveness and legality of information contained in all communications.
- Ensure brand identity and guidelines are respected, and defend strategies and media choices.
- Regularly prepare presentations and actively participate in meetings with airline leadership to facilitate strategic decisions.
- Monitor and manage the marketing budget for respective portfolio including issuing of PO’s, purchase commitment authorizations, invoicing, billing and reconciliation.
- Develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with internal stakeholders impacted by route support initiatives (AC Studio, Analytics, Marketing Ops, CRM Planning, ACMD, other Promotional lanes, ecomm, Revenue Management, Network Planning, AC Sales, Corporate Communications), etc.
- Prioritize projects and campaigns in keeping with corporate and brand objectives.
- Prioritize projects and campaigns in keeping with overall objectives.
- Build strong relationships with clients based on trust and understanding.
- Defend strategies and media choices.
- Contribute to the achievement of corporate annual objectives and targets with integrity.
- Actively participate in the annual marketing-communications planning process.
- Provide support to Director, Routes Marketing as assigned.
- University degree in Business, Marketing option or equivalent.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual – Proficient in grammar, spelling and punctuation in English and French.
- Agency experience – an asset.
- Practical knowledge of digital mediums including internet and social media channels.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good listener and ample communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and requests from competing stakeholders and to align day-to-day responsibilities with wider corporate strategy.
- Comfortable working independently and within a team environment assisting colleagues whenever possible.
- Explicit attention to detail and accuracy.
- High levels of ingenuity, creativity and initiative.
- Resistance to stress.
- Retail marketing experience – an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.