Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Management of disability claims arising from illness or injury of employees
- Facilitate the submission of illness or injury claims as required to ensure that submission requirements are met
- Facilitate case management meetings, and with the participation of relevant stakeholders, develop a plan to assist an injured or disabled employee return to work in a transitional manner that will ensure a safe return in a permanent capacity
- Initiate, assist and monitor the rehabilitation of employees as required, which would include recommendations for adjustments to the rehabilitation plan or job modifications and accommodation
- Initiate and maintain contact with employees, health professionals, the insurance provider, workplace safety board/commission, the employee’s supervisor and any other stakeholder to manage any open claims to resolution
- Identify early intervention opportunities and potential candidates for the stay at work program
- Attend and represent Air Canada at review/appeal meetings with the insurer and/or appeals/tribunal hearings with the appropriate workplace safety board/commission.
- Mature self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals
- Strong sense of focus, task oriented, non judgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries
- Strong sense of respect for confidentiality
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including keyboarding, navigation, data entry and experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- 3-5 years hands on disability case management experience in disability insurance or workplace safety board/commission
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and its operations
- Disability Management / Return to Work Certification (eg NIDMAR, etc) preferred
- Occupational Health Related Field (Ergonomist, Nursing, etc)
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.