Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Services IT, the incumbent will be responsible to support the financial services related to several business units in the Information Technology. This includes support with financial management, financial planning and reporting, and other financial services. The incumbent will be working closely with the IT Branch, Financial Services team for other business units, Strategic Procurement and Corporate Planning.
- Provide financial leadership and support to several business units in IT in the ongoing management of their business activities including Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Develop and maintain meaningful headcount and staffing dashboards and KPIs with advisory and analysis to aid the business decisions to meet recruiting goals and report such progress to branch head and Corporate Finance.
- Develop and manage strong and effective working relationships with executives, branch head, internal groups and strategic partners and ensure buy-in of solutions and changes in processes and strategy including cost transformation initiatives.
- Deliver value added service to internal customers by identifying, and evaluating profitability enhancing opportunities and strategies, internal process changes and new cost savings opportunities.
- Working with senior management teams, develop and recommend financial goals, objectives and strategy aligned with the Corporation's overall financial plan.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance against forecast and ensure corrective actions are undertaken as required.
- Perform post-evaluations of projects/programs as appropriate to assess actual versus target results.
- Ensure a consistently high-level of quality in service provided relative to both timelines and accuracy.
- Ensure effective financial management, processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements.
- Lead and coach team members and colleagues supporting IT to foster professional development and maximize value delivery to the branch.
- Lead working teams to evaluate business cases and initiatives to meet financial goals, provide recommended course of action and report such initiatives to senior management.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
- Accounting and/or business designation (CPA, MBA, CFA) is required
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze and report back on complex data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
- Self-started, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Solid work ethics, high degree of energy and dedication
- Keen interest in the airline industry
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to work under pressure and reach to changing timelines
- Experience working with financial software/applications such as Microsoft Suite/Peoplesoft/PowerBI
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.