Location: Miami, FL, USA (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $23.15/hour
Category: Unionized (IBT)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Under the direction of the Manager, provide Air Canada presence to protect company assets with regard to contractor, interface at airport and cargo, and to ensure proper provision and coordination of all cargo services.
Give functional direction and leadership to Lead Customer Service Agents, Warehousemen, Customer Service Agents, Ground Handling Company Employees, or others contracted to provide service for Air Canada. In the absence of management, assume overall responsibility for duties of the Work Unit on shift.
Position reports to and receives functional direction from: Manager.
- Under the direction of the Manager, lead and direct the efforts of all members of the Cargo work unit.
- In the absence of Management, assume overall responsibility for the duties in the work unit on shift.
- Give functional direction to Lead Customer Service Agent, warehousemen and Customer Service Agents, in all aspects of their duties, including Safety and Security.
- In the absence of Management, make, carry out and document decisions
- Necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit, protect Company interests and assume overall responsibility for the duties in the work unit on shift.
- Perform the duties of Lead Customer Service Agent – Cargo Customer Service Agent and Warehousemen simultaneously or independently depending on the station's requirements.
- Give functional direction to Lead Customer Service Agents, Warehousemen & Customer Service Agents, in all aspects of their duties, including Safety and Security.
- Liaise with other work units, Ground Handling Companies and other contracted Governmental and Airport Authorities.
- Observe workflow and assign, reassign the work of Lead Customer Service Agents, Warehousemen and Customer Service Agents as required.
- Coordinate/perform routine administrative tasks as assigned.
- Provide Air Canada presence and coordinate the handling of other carriers.
- Take appropriate action necessary to protect company funds.
- May be called upon to investigate incident reports and local accidents, completing all necessary forms, report findings and recommend action, as necessary.
- Perform on the job training.
- May be called upon to lead formal training classes, both basic and follow up.
- Coordinate work assignments ensuring all agents maintain a high level of proficiency in all aspects of the job of a Customer Service Agent.
- Observe workflow and assign, reassign Leads, Warehousemen & Agents as required.
- Assign daily lunch/breaks in a manner consistent with the collective agreement and the requirements of the work unit, providing for efficient use of the available resources.
- Coordinate routine administration, operational requirements, including planning/calling of overtime as delegated.
- After training, perform the duties of Cargo Customer Service Coordinator
- Must pass all training and remain current/proficient in all duties of a Customer Service Agent, Lead Customer Service Agent, and Warehousemen.
- Maintain appropriate records and statistical data; provide information as requested
- Perform administrative duties, when requested by the Manager or Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee MIA Freighter Operations as needed basis – flexible schedule is a must including working on weekends.
- Can fulfill all the duties of a Customer Service Agent, Lead Customer Service Agent & Warehousemen.
- Must possess or be able to shortly attain the knowledge and ability that will enable him/her to perform the duties of a Lead Customer Service Agent and Warehousemen simultaneously or independently, depending on the station's requirements.
- Must have the ability to use tact, good judgment and initiative.
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate excellent organizational skills - ability to organize work and direct the efforts of others in a productive and non-threatening manner.
- Must be able to lift seventy pounds unaided.
- Wear company uniform as prescribed and conform to company grooming standards.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must keep Day Trades and Shift Trades to an absolute minimum.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and aerodrome driver's license and a current passport
- Must be extremely flexible to accommodate flight/freighter schedule
- Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed.
- Customs Seal required and is subject to approval by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and/or third-party equivalent.
- Security clearance and USCBP clearance required.
- While on duty in designated areas, must wear protective footwear and a high visibility vest, as described in company regulations.
- Required to wear Company provided hearing protection when working in designated high noise areas.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Safety is important to Air Canada and all employees are prohibited from being impaired by intoxicating substances while on duty or in the workplace. Candidates will be subject to a drug test.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.