Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking enthusiastic detail oriented individuals to fill a vacancy which exists for a MOC Fleet Coordinator in Maintenance Operations Control.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, Maintenance Operations Controller is responsible for all aspects related to the technical Dispatch of Air Canada aircraft in compliance with the MCM (Maintenance Control Manual).
- Guides and directs AC, contracted maintenance organizations and flight crews to ensure compliance with AC maintenance requirements, maximum serviceability of aircraft, on time performance and aircraft utilization in accordance with the AC Control Manual.
- Manage the technical dispatch of all AC and customer aircraft in conformance with applicable standards of Airworthiness.
- Coordinating necessary day of flight maintenance activities at line stations and providing technical assistance, including trouble shooting instructions for the rectification of defects (including the managing of repeat defects).
- Act as the focal point of contact for all Line Maintenance activities on around-the-clock basis including irregular (IROPS) and emergency operations. .
- Communicating any aircraft operational restrictions to Flight Dispatch and Systems Operations Control (SOC).
- Be responsible for the control of all MELs affected on the fleet.
- Continuously update the shift manager and other senior management (as needed), on the operational status of the fleet.
- Stay current with all technical and regulatory training required to function in the assigned role.
- Possess an A.M.E. M2 or E License with active endorsements on any aircraft type in the Air Canada fleet
- Proven knowledge of regulatory programs/agencies (Maintenance Control Manual, Transport Canada, FAA).
- Willingness to work shifts and at times extended hours.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability for teamwork.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills both (oral & written).
- Ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Sound judgment and strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate actions.
- Ability to provide direction and clear instructions on technical matters.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- External or internal management development.
- Computer skills (Word, E-Mail, Excel, Windows).
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.