Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Business Insights positions main focus is in the exploration of operational and customer related data using visualizations and identifying potential data relationships in various datasets. The position will be responsible for integrating operational and customer data to conduct modeling and analysis. The position also includes data mining, reporting, statistical modelling and forecasting for various operational and customer measures. The position will support various branches, cross-functional strategies and will require a data visualization skill set.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Evaluate, innovate, and recommend mathematical and statistical approaches for the improvement of current processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain statistical models.
- Analyze data, identify trends, produce statistical reports.
- Present findings to appropriate value stream.
- Design and program queries for extracting information and metrics from data stored in various databases.
- Automate current processes and reporting where data is involved.
- Design, program, automate, and maintain ad-hoc databases and queries, dashboards, KPIs, scorecards, reports.
- Provide supporting data and analysis for business case development for various improvement initiatives.
- Utilize analysis best practices to evaluate business issues.
- Develop Operational reporting applications to better understand operational pain points.
- Resolve data integrity and accuracy issues through assessment and evaluation and propose strategies to reduce reoccurrence.
- Create Monitoring plans to prevent data quality problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer of technical skills, report generation, data management, and analysis procedures.
- Present findings to appropriate value streams and teams as appropriate.
- University degree or college diploma in Statistics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience working with data / or as a business insight analyst.
- Experience using standard statistical software such as R, SAS or other data mining programming tools is required.
- Programming and/or knowledge in: SQL, Python.
- Strong analytical and applied logic skills.
- Creative problem solver who thinks strategically, is results oriented and attentive to details.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, can multi-task, and work effectively in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to understand financial implication of operational decisions and develop cost-benefit studies.
- Bilingualism in English and French, an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.