Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, Infrastructure and Cloud, plays a crucial role in bridging the gap between development and operations teams, with the goal of automating and streamlining Cloud infrastructure delivery as code and Cloud infrastructure management processes. The Specialist, Infrastructure and Cloud, aims to improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of cloud infrastructure, while maintaining a focus on security and quality. The Cloud Specialist is a strong and collaborative individual who liaise with a broad range of groups, both within Air Canada and with external IT as well as business partners for cloud related initiatives and architecture design. The Cloud Specialist has a deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure architecture design, provisioning and optimization with a successful track record of performance, best practices in fast changing, high pressure, and challenging roles.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate the build, test, and deployment of scripts to deploy cloud resources.
- Integrate code repositories with CI/CD tools like GitHub Bitbucket etc.
- Use tools like Terraform, Ansible, or Azure Arm template to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Manage infrastructure resources efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Maintain and improve configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible or Azure tagging) to ensure consistency and reliability across environments.
- Set up monitoring tools (e.g., Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana, ELK stack) to track system performance and application health.
- Establish centralized logging systems for easier debugging and auditing.
- Implement and manage containerization solutions like Docker.
- Orchestrate containers using Kubernetes or similar platforms.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement security best practices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA).
- Work closely with development and operations teams to facilitate efficient communication and collaboration.
- Share knowledge and best practices across the organization.
- Write scripts using PowerShell, Python, terraform to automate routine tasks and workflows.
- Document infrastructure configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- Proven experience in a DevOps or similar role.
- Proficiency with scripting and automation tools.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD, IaC, and containerization technologies.
- Good experience with Azure cloud platforms
- Understanding of networking and security principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Administrator).
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of Git and version control systems.
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.