Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Our skilled Customer Service Managers embrace their role as a Leader, assisting Customer Sales and Service Agents to achieve their personal potential in the delivery of superior customer service. Strong interpersonal skills and coaching abilities dominate as they educate and motivate their team of front-line employees in providing exceptional customer service to Air Canada worldwide. They quickly adapt to changes and model a positive, motivating and customer-focused attitude for employees while showcasing their strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Coach employees to the team metrics, to achieve and exceed productivity and service objectives.
- Coach on soft skills by demonstrating courtesy, empathy and poise under pressure
- Listen to calls to observe employee demeanour, technical accuracy and conformance to Company policies and procedures
- Support the launch of new products and services and communicate the rationale and benefits
- Proactively manage employee absenteeism. Be responsible for the delivery of corrective actions and fostering a culture of reliability.
- Provide recognition and deliver constructive feedback in a manner that fosters motivation and empowerment. Celebrate success with employees by recognizing great individual and team effort and take time to thank them
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve service and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to performance.
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions
- Consistently communicate with employees and customers with company directions and explain the rationale behind our policies or decisions
- Anticipate employees’ and customers’ needs and be available for them
- Be entrepreneurial and make every decision as if you owned Air Canada
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives or departments for process & performance improvement.
- Participate in Management team meetings and decision making pertaining to office matters.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or academic equivalent is an asset.
- Knowledge of airline commercial operations, call centre operations, or related travel industry experience an asset.
- Strong customer focus, dealing with employees and customers with professionalism and care.
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Able to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation, with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Knowledge of labour relations and experience in managing a unionized workforce is an asset.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel when required
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.