Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic technical analyst focused on providing support to IT solutioning. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with several major projects underway that will transform its IT landscape. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and to contribute to the evolution of the Air Canada’s growth, to create an Automatically generated and integrated view of all customer interactions driving processes, continuously delivering customer insights and increasing customer satisfaction and revenues. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Application Development and Maintenance.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain business applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology, and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
- Act as first point of contact from the IT organization for any requests, issues related to your application portfolio.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues, develop, evaluate, install, and test software enhancements.
- Support Planning and monitoring processes
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and the different IT streams to understand the business needs, elicit and write requirements for any initiatives you will be supporting.
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements.
- Create and support Functional Specs, Data Flow and Process Documents.
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Responsible for management of delivery-specific stakeholder expectations within a functional area.
- Responsible for supporting the development of technical capabilities of the delivery-specific project team.
- Support multiple working methodologies such as Hybrid, Agile, DevOps.
- Provide back up support for various scheduling/Revenue Management applications.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- At least 3 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company preferably in the Transportation/Airline domain would be an asset.
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC, Agile methodologies, Jira, and cyber security risk management frameworks are assets.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and concepts such as scaling, database analysis, and software interfaces.
- Knowledge of SQL and Snowflake.
- Working knowledge of data visualization software like Power BI or Webfocus.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Solution oriented, demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data.
- Knowledge with User Acceptance Testing, Quality assurance testing, and has impact assessments skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible, creative, and responsive to needs of users.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Scheduling and Revenue Management expertise is a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.