Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $32.77/hour
Branch: Strategic Procurement & Cre
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill the permanent full-time position of Commercial Building Painter at our Montreal Maintenance Centre.
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking gun or putty knives
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging, apply paint , wallpaper and other materials and finishes interior and exterior surfaces.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, drywall for finish coats
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps and electrical covers prior to painting
- Measure and install drywall panels to accommodate electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, door frames and plumbing
- Complete assignments on time
- Possess skills with power and non-power tools to saw, drill, or cut holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, door frames and plumbing
- Produce a satisfactory result for the client and work to the standards of Air Canada
- Accept direction from the Manager or Lead hand
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Must posses a valid DVS ( Diploma of Vocational Studies or CCQ card)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge ( Word, Excel, e-mail and internet )
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.