Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Air Canada Project Engineering team is presently searching for Engineers with Aircraft Interiors Systems background and mechanical engineering, aviation background.
- Develop, prepare and support engineering projects as requested by our internal customers related to the passenger environment – main activities are with the cabin interiors and associated systems.
- Liaise with vendors, subcontractors, internal and external clients.
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and budget
- Provide technical support to aircraft, in assigned areas and act as technical interface between airline and component manufacturers.
- Prepare cost estimate, Technical Instructions and project evaluations on corporate initiatives and new product design.
- Develop specifications for interiors systems equipment and appliances on new aircraft introduction as well as aircraft reconfigurations.
- Represent Engineering during multidiscipline meeting and provide input in area of expertise.
- Certify cabin interior reconfigurations
- Create Engineering Drawings, Instructions and Test/Certification reports for the reconfiguration of the cabin for all Air Canada fleets.
- Review Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives related to Air Canada’s fleet.
- Must have Engineering degree recognized in Canada
- Related mechanical, aviation, and certification engineering experience preferred
- Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, information sheets and reports
- Ability to create engineering drawings using AutoCAD and prepare certification reports
- Pride in accuracy and good work presentation to the satisfaction of internal customers
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision with good decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills and ability to co-ordinate details to successful conclusion
- Willingness to be on call and to work overtime, as required by day-to-day needs
- Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software (MS Office) as well as AutoCAD
- Must be available for travel for a few weeks at a time multiple times a year
- Must be clear of any restrictions which will prevent entry into other countries
- Must be eligible to obtain for the Restricted Area Identity Card at Canadian Airports. (Criminal background check)
Knowledge of Regulatory design certification standards for Transport Canada Civil Aviation, FAA specifications, and EASA.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.