Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This opportunity will be based at Air Canada’s Montreal Headquarters in Dorval.
This is a central position within the Revenue Optimization team whose goal is to increase synergies between network planning and revenue management as well as provide decision support and modelling based on revenue management principles to support major commercial strategies. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional analytical abilities, a strong understanding of economic principles and a passion for the aviation industry.
- Lead, develop and maintain analytical models, forecasts, or scenario-based analyses to support strategic commercial planning and decisions, for example, in the context of advanced analytics projects (i.e development of an econometric based demand forecast).
- Conduct comprehensive commercial and economic research and analysis to assess industry demand trends, competitive landscapes, market conditions and macroeconomic factors affecting the airline industry and transform them into actionable commercial insights.
- Develop and oversee processes and tools to ensure cohesion and coherence in short, medium, and long-term demand forecasts used in Revenue Management and Network Planning teams, with a special focus in providing high-quality inputs to Air Canada’s network simulator (Netline-Plan).
- Design and/or assist in the development of insightful reports, tools and processes between Revenue Management and Network planning to identify and leverage synergies (i.e., demand surges, capacity bottleneck, network simulation, etc.).
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams involving data analytics tools and technologies for optimizing data collection, analysis, and reporting processes (BI/Analytics team, AI Center of Excellence, RM Science, etc.).
- Acquire and maintain an advanced knowledge of Revenue Management and Network Planning tools (PROS RMA, Netline-Plan, scheduling, etc.) and processes.
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Business, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coordinate across multi-functional project team and communicate at multiple levels of expertise with an interest to gain buy-in (leadership, diplomacy, presentation, and persuasion).
- Advanced technical skills to manipulate and analyze large datasets (expertise in SQL, MS access, VBA, R and/or Python) and transform them into clear business insights.
- Experience in forecasting, optimization & modelling, in industry or academic environment.
- Must be able to synthesize complex situations, identify possible solutions and present results in simple and understandable terms.
- Conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills supported by creative thinking.
- Experience with origin-destination revenue management or network planning tools.
- Experience in revenue management, network planning, forecasting, optimization, or demand elasticity modeling.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.