Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, Data and Analytics, will guide Air Canada’s data engineering practices. This individual oversees existing and new data engineering frameworks and pipelines (ETL, ingestion, integration) to ensure they are optimal and reliable.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Data & Analytics.
- Implement standardised best practices for data transformation and cleansing, leading to greater data observability.
- Optimize data ingestion and integration workflows to ensure seamless data flow between various systems and services.
- Guide the design and implementation of templated reusable frameworks.
- Lead the strategy to ensure the safety of our data at rest and in flight.
- Monitor and analyze cloud resource usage to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Implement caching and data partitioning strategies to improve query performance.
- Collaborate with Cyber teams to address vulnerabilities and ensure compliance with Enterprise standards.
- Monitor data pipelines for anomalies and errors and take corrective actions.
- Develop and implement data quality checks and validation processes.
- Forecast data growth and plan for scalability.
- Conduct training sessions to educate stakeholders on data optimization concepts.
- Influence and guide solution design decisions, along with practical implementations.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to data processing and optimization.
- Generate regular reports to communicate the impact of optimization efforts and suggest improvements.
- Stay up to date with cloud service providers' offerings and evaluate new technologies.
- Diagnose and resolve issues that impact data processing, integrity, or performance.
- Implement effective incident response and escalation procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, data scientists, and IT operations, to achieve optimization goals.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 9-12 years of IT technology or experience in a similar capacity in a large company.
- Knowledge and experience with architecture guidance, database, Big Data technologies, along with ETL and Ingestion technologies (e.g DataBricks, Talend, Collibra, Data Iku).
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proven ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in Airline data management is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.