Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Senior Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance, develops, delivers and maintains applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications. This position requires deep understanding of software management and delivery practices in a large and dynamic enterprise business setting to properly design and position our critical application platforms to enable Air Canada’s digital strategies.
This position will be reporting to the Manager Application, Development and Maintenance.
- Support Planning and monitoring processes.
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes.
- Ensure stability, performance and availability of the applications and tools.
- Collaborate with manufacturers, integrators, development and testing teams to design a scalable and flexible and scalable support model.
- Develop and lead a community of platform subscribers to support the strategy, educate and improve user skills, and drive common adoption of best practices.
- Review and analyze matrix from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Ensure alignment and compliance with internal IT standards related to operations, quality and security.
- Handle software applications development, testing & implementation of projects.
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues.
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures.
- Maintains standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards.
- Manage application health and stability by defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis and provide support and guidance in troubleshooting and resolving incidents or delivering services request.
- Support ensuring a secure and reliable application platform environment developing system access controls, monitoring; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; ensuring back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Keep professional knowledge updates with participation in professional education opportunities.
- Ensure the application platforms are operating within the defined SDLC, ITIL and Cyber risk frameworks as defined by the AC IT.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 6+ years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company.
- Specific experience in supporting Corporate Security software platforms is a significant benefit, Certification and or support knowledge for Genetec products a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Possess investigative nature, independent and self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and travel when required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.