Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Senior Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance, develops, delivers and maintains applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications. This position requires deep understanding of software management and delivery practices in a large and dynamic enterprise business setting to properly design and position our critical application platforms to enable Air Canada’s digital strategies.
This position will be reporting to the Manager Application, Development and Maintenance.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved business and operational performance.
- Provide support for business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Analyze technology trends to determine the impact to the achievement of business goals.
- Support in creating business cases.
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes.
- Conduct impact assessments and lead design sessions to configure the system to meet functional needs.
- Prepare and manage deployment activities including communication and rollout strategies.
- Responsible for monitoring the technical architecture from security, accessibility, and data integrity perspective.
- Responsible for supporting the development of technical capabilities of the team specific to their sub-function.
- Responsible for handling moderate to high amount of complexity and driving decision making specific to processes and priorities for a functional area.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement objectives for a functional area.
- Provide technical and operational inputs to Business Governance and Operational Management Committees, as appropriate.
- Responsible for actively supporting the development and enhancement of processes, priorities and goals for a functional area.
- Handle software applications development, testing & implementation of projects.
- Maintain code branches and handle integrations of code across multiple branches.
- Troubleshoot and fix compilation or script issues in various projects.
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects found within the installation.
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues.
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release.
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures.
- Configuration and design of database models relative to the requirements of the organization.
- Maintains data standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards.
- Evaluate existing and/or new applications on their UI (User Interface) and UX (user experience) effectiveness.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 6-8 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company.
- Knowledge of SAP S/4 HANA modules such as Finance, Sourcing and Procurement
- Knowledge of Ariba, FieldGlass and Concur is a plus.
- Certifications in core programming languages, agile methodologies (CSPO, PMI-ACP, etc.) is an asset
- SAP S/4HANA certifications is an asset
- Understanding of SQL, Unix, and Excel
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills, able to work with diverse groups and working styles.
- Demonstrate significant technical depth to balance tactical and strategic priorities.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral as well as interpersonal skills.
- Possess investigative nature, independent and self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and travel when required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.