Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $16.73/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW – Clerical)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Perform operational and/or administrative duties of a complex nature requiring initiative and judgment.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Create tables, graphs and prepare spreadsheets.
- Sort and merge documents, reports, etc.
- Research data and prepare reports
- Edit and proofread
- Work under pressure
- Prepare, maintain, validate, input, and update data/files, records, documents, manuals, etc.
- Receive, index and revise manuals or data
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive and direct all incoming calls
- Provide assistance for outgoing calls, e.g. directory assistance, calling card
- Refer external customers to appropriate areas, e.g. departments, employees
- Assist other employees in the department
- Arrange ground transportation for internal/external customers, e.g. taxis
- Arrange travel and appointments
- Liaise with internal/external customers
- Research, resolve, and respond to internal/external customer issues and queries, verbally and/or in writing
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Design, compose, format and produce correspondence, reports and documents using a variety of software applications
- Prepare third party billings
- Handle cash/cheques and related documentation
- Verify and process invoices, claims and/or expenses
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for presentations, seminars, training sessions, interviews, etc.
- Build, update and maintain schedules and staff rosters
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreement and procedures
- Administer Collective Agreements
- Control distribution and maintain Company and technical publications
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Develop and maintain schedules
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain and develop accurate maintenance and/or technical records
- Audit records
- Monitor equalization of overtime
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
Task allocation may vary from one department to another
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator Level.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of aircraft terminology
- Aptitude for math
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Some positions may require lifting and climbing
- Some positions require licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.