Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist Cybersecurity, IT Audit and Compliance will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment supporting the overall security posture of Air Canada’s technology environment. Air Canada’s cyber security systems are foundational to protecting the data and systems that allow its customers to fly safely.
The Specialist Cybersecurity, IT Audit and Compliance acts as a subject matter expert in IT Internal Controls and supports the design and implementation of these key controls. The Specialist Cybersecurity, IT Audit and Compliance acts as a second line of defense and collaborates with the IT stakeholders as well as with the various audit teams. The
Specialist Cybersecurity, IT Audit and Compliance provides guidance concerning risk areas that impacts Air Canada’s ability to comply with regulations and aids in the remediation of risk.
This position will be reporting to Manager, Cyber Security Compliance.
- Lead IT internal controls testing initiative and compliance assessments and report status to management.
- Lead, monitor and advise on the execution of assessments to ensure compliance with internal information security policies and procedures, as well as external requirements.
- Identify IT risks, communicate and develop “best practice” solutions, and implement mitigating controls consistent with company strategy.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, monitoring and maintenance of information security standards, policies and protocols to ensure organizational infrastructure, data and resources are protected from unauthorized and inappropriate use or access.
- Ensure adherence to laws and regulations, internal policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provide expertise in the definition, selection and implementation of IT controls.
- Advise the organization about cyber security threats, technologies and related regulatory requirements.
- Consult on regulatory compliance requirements, reporting and questions.
- Participate in new business initiatives and product development activities to promote and implement functionality necessary to support required compliance capabilities.
- Collaborate with different departments (i.e. Architecture, Data management, Legal, Privacy) to ensure that data security practices satisfy cyber security, privacy and compliance requirements.
- Represent the organization and take an active participation on different business or security airline specific forums.
- Support the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio.
- A relevant University Degree, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an audit, compliance or governance role.
- Current Certification (CISA, CPA) is an asset.
- Relevant privacy industry certifications (e.g. CIPP, CIPM, etc.) a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of 52-109 regulation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cyber security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, strategies, frameworks and regulations such as PCI DSS, SOC2, SOX, CoBIT, NIST, PIPEDA, GDPR.
- Strong communication skills, (written and verbal), and the ability to bridge the language between technology and business.
- Self-motivated and capable to work with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.