Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $32.77/hour
Branch: Strategic Procurement & Cre
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation
This position reports directly the Facility Manager
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full-time position as of a Facility Maintenance Mechanic at YVR – Vancouver Airport.
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing to Building related mechanical equipment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Hangar Doors, Overhead doors, fire doors, etc.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble machinery.
- Ability to use welding equipment, hand, and power tools as necessary.
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of gearboxes, sprockets, chains, door
- Perform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Must posses an Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright license or Red Seal
- Minimum 3 years field experience.
- Knowledge of building mechanics, Hangar door systems, control systems, Mechanical
system operation, MIG welding, CMMS
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to TransportCanada site for more details.
- 5th Class Power Engineer ticket required as part of the probation
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.