Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Are you a visionary, ready to leap into the future? Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As an Enterprise Solution Architect (ESA) at Air Canada, you will drive and support the evolution of the use of IT solutions within the organization while satisfying the needs of agility, strategic business growth, and development of strategic insights that can help make effective decisions. You will be responsible for the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific technical solutions, applications and process designs. You will play an integral role in the solution definition, and you will assume the overall responsibility for all technical aspects of solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation (including all solution aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and security).
The position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Solution Architect.
- Working closely with clients to understand their business needs and requirements related to SAP implementation.
- Designing and implementing the technical architecture for SAP projects, including but not limited to S/4HANA projects.
- Analyzing existing SAP systems for potential improvements and recommending solutions.
- Staying current with the latest industry trends and best practices related to SAP implementations and sharing this knowledge with the team and clients. Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Translate business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives and document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Lead the design, development, implementation of complex multi tiers / multi clouds solutions.
- Present and socialize proposed solutions to the solution review board (SRB) during review sessions as well as articulate and communicate designs to audiences with limited technical expertise related to the selected technology.
- Support the delivery of the solution by providing insights to project managers that plan and execute delivery activities.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation process. participate in project-related activities and enforce guidelines and standards.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the defined solution and its adherence to technology strategies, standards and best practices defined by the enterprise architecture team.
- Provide architectural leadership to development teams and serve as the primary architecture resource.
- Create solution architecture artifacts that describe and explain solution and associated benefits.
- Develop technical relationships across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of experience with SAP implementation projects, and experience with S/4HANA projects.
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience, of which at least 3 years as a solution architect.
- Certifications in TOGAF, an asset.
- Certifications Cloud platforms, an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of UML modeling languages.
- Experience with Sparx EA tool, an asset.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Professional attitude and service orientation.
- Bilingualism (English, French), an asset.
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.