Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is embarking upon an exciting program to implement a new Financial ERP in conjunction with an overall finance transformation. To ensure the successful delivery of this program and transition these tools and processes to day-to-day operations, we are seeking a seasoned Change Management professional to join our program team.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and monitoring of system and technical changes throughout our organization, specifically with a focus on our most valuable resource - our People. Your primary focus will be on managing the change process related to the implementation of new systems, software upgrades, and technical enhancements as they relate to our Finance functions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including IT, Operations, System Architecture, Finance, Taxation and Project Management, to ensure a seamless transition to operations, and successful adoption of technical changes.
- Ensure collaboration between the IT department, business units and other key stakeholders for the identification of performance indicators (KPIs), the achievement of strategic objectives and the realization of benefits identified across the program, under the direction of the OCM Lead.
- Act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of Change Sponsors.
- Provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through these important systems wide transitions.
- Ensure the protection of the integrity of the IT infrastructure while balancing the systems change against the business needs for change.
- Assist in the development of the overall OCM & Training programs to ensure this digital transformation is welcomed, accepted, and adopted enthusiastically by all levels of employees.
- Engage with stakeholders across the organization to communicate the purpose, benefits, and anticipated impact of system and technical changes, ensuring their understanding and buy-in.
- Understand the IT infrastructure and able to accurately assess any potential impact on the change’s effects and outline the necessary steps to minimize the potential risks.
- Provide training, mentoring, and coaching to a diverse team of change management consultants and project managers across the program and the broader organization.
- Support project teams in integrating the systems change management activities into their respective project plans and monitoring the success of such activities.
- Stay informed about industry best practices and emerging trends in system and technical change management, incorporating relevant strategies into organizational processes.
- Track and report issues throughout the program
- Support organizational design and the definition of roles and responsibilities
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics as is relates to the change plan.
- Support all stages of the project life cycle, including pre-project activities by building, planning, executing, and tracking the change plan with regards to: Communications, Training, Stakeholder engagement, impact assessments, Organizational readiness, and post implementation support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business management or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Experience leading and implementing OCM on large scale IT projects and transformations.
- PROSCI Certification is considered a strong asset for this role. Project Management experience is also considered an asset but not required.
- 15 years of experience in change management, including 10 years of experience managing diverse teams across multiple locations
- Ability to analyze large volumes of information and present a clear and concise summary.
- Financial acumen and understanding of the aviation industry an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a track record of identifying and resolving issues related to system and technical changes.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and drive projects to successful completion.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience working in regulated industries, such as healthcare or finance, is a plus.
- A genuine passion for managing people.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, interpersonal skills, and experience working with multi-disciplinary team.
- Regular travel between multiple offices in Canada (Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg) will be required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.