Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Cargo Revenue and Network Planning, this position will lead the development of Air Canada Cargo’s annual cargo revenue budget, outlook and long-range plans. The position is also responsible to develop and implement accurate revenue forecasting models and will play an essential role in identifying macroeconomic trends that influence the aviation cargo industry and will be responsible for developing strategic guidance on how Air Canada Cargo should respond to those trends
- Lead the development of Air Canada Cargo’s annual cargo revenue budget, quarterly outlook and long-range plans (LRP). Those outputs will be shared with and reviewed by Air Canada Cargo and Air Canada senior management teams and will be used to track Air Canada Cargo revenue performance. Those outputs also serve as the base for projecting the needs for additional headcounts, equipment and warehouses expansion.
- Establish station territory sales objectives in line with the overall regional and global revenue objectives. Generate long-term volume projections (hub volumes, etc.).
- Develop and implement new revenue forecasting models using statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
- Provide revenue forecasting for the annual revenue budget, outlooks, LRP, weekly revenue tracking and monthly revenue forecast.
- Identify revenue shortfalls and potential root causes; implement recommendations and action plans in collaboration with the commercial and sales teams to address those shortfalls.
- Develop strategic plans to limit AC Cargo exposure due to currency fluctuation.
- Determine/Identify macroeconomic factors and industry trends that impact air cargo and Air Canada Cargo business, including demand patterns, supply chain disruptions, and emerging technologies; identify risks and opportunities for Air Canada Cargo.
- Provide strategic guidance to the senior commercial team on how Air Canada Cargo should respond to those trends.
- Continuously monitor events that would impact the aviation landscape such as socio-economic changes, competitive actions, business news, fuel price, which could present opportunities or threats, and proactively proposing adjustments to Air Canada’s flying plan.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Network Planning, Finance, and Sales to ensure revenue forecasts and macroeconomic analysis align with overall business goals.
- Communicate revenue forecasting and macroeconomic insights to senior management and other stakeholders.
Keep up to date with the latest developments in forecasting, revenue modeling, and macroeconomic analysis techniques and source new tools and techniques to improve forecasting accuracy and analysis quality.
Experience and Education:
- University degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Actuarial Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial accounting, Operations Research, Computer Science, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in revenue forecasting/modeling, macroeconomic analysis, and data analysis
- 5+ years experience in transportation, air cargo or aviation is a definite asset.
- Advanced Computer Skills: BI tools, MS Office suite of products, Power BI. Knowledge of a programming language (Python or R) definitively an asset
- Aviation industry experience definitively an asset.
Skills and Assets:
- Excellent analytical skills are requirement; ability to create detailed models and to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable business insight.
- Results-oriented and influential with exceptional people and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with large datasets. Ability to routinely handle, process and analyse large amounts of data to deliver time sensitive outputs.
- Understanding of the cargo and aviation industries, macroeconomic factors, and industry trends that impact air cargo demand.
- Strong understanding of financial principles and business strategy.
- Strong project management skills. Superior organizational skills to carry out all tasks required.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and dynamic manner.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates (English and French).
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for revenue forecasting, revenue modeling, macroeconomic analysis, and data analysis, we would love to hear from you. This is a great opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and work with a talented team.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.