Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great digital customer experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, digital is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth, we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well
Air Canada seeks a highly motivated, strong, highly skilled Senior Scrum Master to build and guide our project teams in our IT Customer Digital Enablement group. The ideal candidate is responsible for bringing together the business and technical aspects of any given solution. The successful individual must be customer journey centric and have a passion for the travel industry.
This role will report to the Manager, Digital Enablement.
- Lead, manage, plan & deliver technology projects using agile methodology values, principles, and practices.
- Manage, coach, mentor, train, and support agile team to ensure that agile practices, principles, and values are followed to drive the delivery of customer value in product and project releases.
- Determine and manage tasks, issues, risks, action items and other day-to-day operational aspects to help the team deliver quality solutions that achieve customer satisfaction.
- Engage and manage stakeholder and vendor interfaces to identify and manage required outcomes of deliveries for the business.
- Track work items including from dependent non agile workstreams, e.g., key deliveries, milestones, due dates, and utilizing agile tools, sprint, PI and release timelines to track task/story assignment and monitor progress.
- Work with Scrum teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision-making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Promote transparency and monitor progress through agile project metrics and ceremonies
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums with fellow scrum masters involved in release train, to foster an environment of mutual awareness and alignment on converging timelines, interdependencies, common challenges and best practices
- Act as a leader who coaches, and provides guidance to product owners and agile teams as required regarding best practices in agility and agile principles and practices
- Support evaluation of supplier and enabler trains and work with internal and external stakeholders to remove obstacles and drive continuous improvement
- Take a leadership role in establishing agile values, methods, principles, and practices for the delivery of projects and products.
- Responsible for collaborating across functional areas to ensure alignment and successful delivery of key projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, IT and or information systems
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience and overall 8+ years of experience in IT/Software development.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification and/or PMP certification an asset
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices.
- Experience with Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) is an asset
- Thorough understanding of Agile & Waterfall software development methodologies
- Experience with SDLC tools like JIRA, and Confluence an asset
- Must have exceptional communication, facilitation, and time management skills
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-vendor, and multi-team environments
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative at tackling complex challenges and resolving problems
- Airline or travel industry experience a plus, but not required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.