Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Scope / Purpose of the Position:
The Solutions Specialist - Leaves will be responsible to oversee administration of group benefit enrollments, while providing employees, retirees, managers and other internal/external partners with assistance relating to benefits administration, leaves and HR transactions functions as needed.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Group Benefits and Leaves Administration:
- Manage participants eligibility and enrollment.
- Including enrollment of participants’ eligible dependents
- Provide client support for:
- Health and welfare plans in Canada, US and International
- Provide timely responses to all benefit inquiries from employees, via e-mail.
- Including clarification of Air Canada policies, relating to benefits and leaves
- Investigate and provide resolution to escalated benefit issues.
- Maintain integrity of Air Canada’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Escalate processing issues with regards to day-to-day transactions.
- Liaison with various stakeholders to review, investigate and resolve issues and facilitate timely Benefits Administration processing
- Participate in testing of Benefits and Leaves Administration modules as required.
- Coordinate and participate in special projects as required.
- Assist in management of pre-payment process for employees on leaves.
- Minimum of college degree with relevant experience
- PeopleSoft knowledge and experience an asset.
- Ability to exercise impeccable judgment, confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of tact and discretion at all times when dealing with employees and sensitive situations.
- Ability to work under pressure with speed and accuracy and establish priorities while maintaining a high customer service level.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation and high degree of diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to manipulate date and produce correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Ability to translate Reports and Queries into common terms.
- Understanding of payroll, asset
- Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.