Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
At Air Canada, our employees and our culture are at the core of everything we do. The Total Rewards team’s focus is to elevate our Employee Value Proposition to attract, engage and retain talents.
Reporting to the Manager, Variable Compensation and HR Programs, this position will contribute to the development, implementation and administration of variable compensation and HR programs and initiatives. The Variable Compensation and HR Program Advisor plays a key role by administrating the day-to-day of programs and effectively communicating their values to employees.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of variable compensation and HR programs (Annual Incentive Plan, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Vacation Purchase Program, etc…)
- Participate in the planning, coordination and execution of annual processes.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to current programs and procedures.
- Develop communications related to new or enhanced programs and initiatives.
- Monitor the effectiveness of current programs, guidelines and procedures.
- Bring forward ideas and insights to help design programs to attract, engage and retain talents.
- Provide analytical support in the design, development and cost modelling for the variable compensation and HR programs.
- Provide recommendations for streamlining and automating processes to improve efficiencies.
- Participate in various compensation and HR related projects which involve revision, development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of applicable legislation and ensure compliance of Total Rewards Programs.
- Manage the Compensation inbox and escalate as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including third parties.
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in HR, Finance, Management or related disciplines.
- Good understanding of short term and long-term incentive plans (Annual Incentive Plan, Employee Share Ownership Plans), and how they are used to attract and retain talents.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- A minimum of two years of experience administrating compensation programs.
- Must be customer-oriented with the ability to build positive relationships with internal clients and external service providers.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills when problem solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Apply sound judgment and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive personnel information.
- Innovative, continuous improvement mindset with a track record of streamlining processes and improving efficiency.
- Experience with working independently and cooperatively / collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Proactive with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed, present opportunities as identified, and readily assumes responsibility for organization and compensation goals.
- Open to change and highly adaptable to changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; expert user of Excel.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.