Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing, to Building related HVAC equipment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Boilers, Chillers, Air Handling units, Rooftop units.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble HVAC related components
- Ability to work at heights, form a scissor lift, boom lift or catwalks.
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of Filters, belts, bearings, ignition controls
- Preform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards.
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self directed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation
- Must posses a valid DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies).
- Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
- Must posses 313A Certification or equivalent
- Must Posses G1 Gas License Certification
- Minimum 5 years field experience.
- Knowledge of building mechanics, Complex HVAC systems, Mechanical system operation, Building Automation, CMMS
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.