Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious individual to learn and progress in their career with Air Canada. The Senior Financial Services Analyst would work collaboratively with the Commercial branches of Air Canada, in support of the airline's business objectives and continued drive towards sustained profitability. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Services - Commercial .
- Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements.
- Provide financial support to the Revenue Management, Sports & Corp. Charters, Inflight Product, and Ancillary Revenues Business Units, in the ongoing management of their business activities.Create accounts receivable billings and process payable invoices for internal clients;
- Act as the key contact person for issues relating to billings and payments;
- Review and challenge invoices/billings by liaising and following up with both external and internal clients to get resolution in a timely manner;
- Establish a positive relationship with the Air Canada Product branch to become "part of the team", effectively balancing financial control, advisory and support roles
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process (i.e. Month-end accruals, Invoice validation, tracking and processing assistance//Forecast/Budget/Implement/Measure and Evaluate/Adjust)
- Provide financial support and guidance to business unit managers in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet or exceed the Unit's financial goals, including revenue enhancement and/or cost reduction initiatives
- Keep track of monthly operating expenses, producing monthly and ad hoc expense reports to improve expense and budget management
- Participate and provide support to the analysis of the financial performance of the business unit
- Perform cost and value comparisons for new projects or contracts, using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output
- Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA designation completed/underway is a preferred asset
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques and accounting cycle
- Experience/knowledge of company/airline operations is an asset
- Well-developed Microsoft Excel skills and ability to learn financial software/applications
- Results driven with good organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted