Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the environmental affairs branch for its environmental management system and data management in the areas of BI and reporting. Reporting to the Manager, Environment Data Systems, under the direction of the Director, Environment Management Programs, this position will include performing requirements analysis, data and processes mapping as well as implementing and supporting mission-critical environmental BI reports.
- Participate in analysis activities to gather environmental programs reporting detail requirements.
- Translate environmental reporting requirements into technical specifications for implementation of reports and dashboards.
- Implement automatic data flows that format, clean and transform data for facility of reporting.
- Develop reports and dashboards and provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports.
- Provide SQL, Power BI, SharePoint, Excel technical assistance to other team members.
- Evaluate existing data collection solutions for environmental affairs data uncovering areas for improvement.
- Create data mapping, guidelines and repeatable processes that support environmental data governance
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements, by preparing user test cases and leading user acceptance testing.
- Modify existing environmental BI reports during application upgrade.
- Serving as a liaison between IT stakeholders and Environmental Affairs.
- Support existing automation processes and create new ones where required.
- Ensure daily execution of various scripts required to produce reports.
- Support development of performance metrics framework for Environmental Affairs.
B.Sc. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
Understanding of environmental management programs including compliance, air emissions, water stewardship, Illegal wildlife trade, and circular economy.
Minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting complex projects
Strong analytical, environmental auditing, and problem-solving skills.
Advance understanding of business process mapping, gap analysis, data mapping practices.
Understanding of Business Intelligence, databases, and statistics
Advanced knowledge of Power BI and MS-Excel (required)
Knowledge of Power Automate and SharePoint lists is a strong asset
Knowledge of Snowflake and SQL scripts is an asset.
Good customer service orientation essential.
Solid time management skills.
Good organizational skills.
Self-starter and ability to work under minimum supervision.
Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task with a strong sense of priorities.
Good writing and presentation skills.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.