Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Monitoring performance, conducting process audits and oversight activities of the business unit assigned, under the Air Canada Maintenance Quality Assurance Program.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting data to allow for trend monitoring and identification of performance issues pertaining to quality and safety in the Engineering department;
- Conducting or assisting with investigations related to quality or safety occurrences in the Engineering department;
- Coaching and guiding Engineering personnel on processes, standards and requirements;
- Assessing Engineering related policies/processes/standards to identify the requirement to document new, updating or revising existing ones;
- Perform experimental process tests with respect to quality, methodology, and standard
- Conducting peer to peer and work in progress observations for the purpose of continuous improvement;
- Assisting the regulatory compliance team with continuous improvement of applicable process inspection methodology
- Identifying to Engineering any activities that may constitute a risk to the standard of airworthiness or safety;
- Assisting in any quality assignments and oversight activities, as assigned by the Regulatory Compliance team; and
- Encouraging safety reporting by business unit personnel per the AC SMS program.
- Must have pertinent experience pertaining to aircraft maintenance, configuration management and/or engineering methodology ;
- Knowledge of applicable safety, environmental and other regulatory standards and policies is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sound technical and working knowledge of processes, procedures and Information Technology Systems relative to the specific work area.
- Proficiency with PC (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Power BI)
- Proficiency with maintenance computer system
- Relevant experience in continuous improvement is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.