Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Do you enjoy developing cloud-based solutions to complex problems? Air Canada Digital team is building a fast-moving development team to build enterprise applications. This is an excellent opportunity for a results-oriented software developer to analyze and develop leading-edge solutions. With our agile development teams, the candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative, and ready to deliver.
The Developer will report to the Manager, Digital Platform.
- Understand the new and existing requirements and make changes to current/new application/infrastructure and suggest changes to it
- Writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code. (including unit test cases)
- Troubleshooting and debugging to optimize performance and code quality, identify potential issues between systems and client specifications, and propose new solutions.
- Expected to understand the core AWS services and apply best practices in delivering the code.
- Providing code documentation and other inputs to technical documents.
- Working with Client and BSA to closely understand requirements.
- Analyze and estimate the effort and impact of requirements, get back with dependencies/risks, and take the right action to resolve them.
- Manage code repositories and support deployment of DevOps agile releases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Work closely with other developers and architects to review code/design and implement feedback.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
4+ years of experience in software development for enterprise services and applications.
Professional experience in developing applications using Node.js for cloud/serverless environments.
Application development experience using Microservices and Event-driven architectures—real-world experience with mission-critical enterprise REST APIs.
Experience with AWS serverless technologies (Lambda/DynamoDB/API Gateway/Messaging/RDS)
Application development experience with Relational Databases (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) and PL/SQL. Experience with NoSQL databases will be added advantage.
Very comfortable developing in an Agile environment with experience in source control systems like Git, Bit-Bucket, etc.
Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery/Deployment experience. Comfortable in testing and troubleshooting using tools like Postman/Swagger/Fiddler etc.
Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to new ways of doing things
Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the organization's future direction.
Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and internal customers.
Focuses on accomplishing the team’s and unit’s work; sets challenging goals; and meets or exceeds goals.
Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team in person and remotely.
Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.