Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Catering Product, the Catering Product Manager is responsible for the day to day commissary product portfolio.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Manage the commissary product portfolio, including the planning and communication of inflight requirements
- Participate in the development of new products to ensure deliverables are met, including safety, operational, financial and commercial aspects
- Support & facilitate the implementation of new product initiatives
- Produce cost analysis for the overall commissary product budget and associated initiatives
- Manage the commissary unit cost sheets and mitigate any billing issues
- Support the commissary product tender process for the catering team, including specification requirements, vendor and product review and selection, AFC preparation review and presentation as required
- Manage the communication process for new products initiatives with suppliers, AC Business units such as Supply Chain, Billing, Product Design teams
- Manage supplier day to day contractual requirements related to product scope
- Source products outside contractual scope and research alternative options
- Manage the printed and digital menu programs; volume forecasting, shipment tracking and communication, ordering process with vendor, change process
- Supports the Supply Chain team and collaborate to develop consistencies and efficiencies within the products
- Manage day to day product issues and queries and provide resolution feedback
- Monitor new product implementation and initiate adjustments and correction action plan as required
Analytical and organizational skills with an aptitude to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities within tight deadlines.
Experience in airline catering & vendor management an asset.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
Sense of initiative, self-discipline, proactive thinking and problem solving.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
High degree of adaptability and flexibility.
Ability to work flexible hours, as required.
Bilingual preferred - English and French
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.